LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Velina Fernandes   03 August 2023

Gaothan-nmmc property in karave nagar seawoods

I have purchased a flat in a developers property Gaothan and possess a stamp duty registered agreement with the builder. It has been 5 years since the purchase and my loan for the property is ongoing with AAVAS Finance.

It falls under NMMC as mentioned in the agreement.

The issue here is multiple.

1. We were promised that it will be formed into a Co-operative Housing Society but since 2016 till date the same has not been done.

2. Incompletion of various basic amenities like corridor windows incomplete, hence in monsoons its a menace has the water enters into our building . Every monsoons my flat witnesses dampness and its unbearable as the electronic items don't function properly and earlier have caused damage too.

3. We were specifically promised that the building will have an elevator and so accordingly the construction of the building was done  with the space for lift but its been 5 years the builder has still not able to install it.

4. Even proper water pipe connections have not been installed and due to that we unnecessary dont get proper water supply and even in the monsoons there are inadequate water supply.

5. Property tax documents have not been transferred to us and wondering if he has even paid the  property tax all these years as there are no evidence shown to us.

Basically, we have been left in ambiguity.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 August 2023

You first issue a legal notice to the developer mentioning all the defects and demand him to rectify the same within a time stipulated.

If he is not responding nor complying with the demands made, you may sue him for compensation and also for deficiency in service through a consumer distress redressal commission nearby to you

Velina Fernandes   10 August 2023

Thank You Advocate Kalaiselvan for your prompt reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register