LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pankaj soni   14 June 2023

Gair marusi land in himachal prades _ rights of the original owners

We have the ancestral agricultural land in Kangra Distt, Himachal Pradesh. In the Jamabandi, it was in the name of my Grandmother, Father and Uncle, however Gair Marusi is applied on the Khasras. Now that none is ALIVE now, and we have submitted the Death Certificate of my Grandmother and Father. To get the intikal in our name i went to Tehsil where the Patwari had told that since Gair marusi is applied hence the land cannot be transferred/ Intikal in our name.

The same person has also taken the " Kabza" in our other land. Patrwari didnt find problem in the intikal for that particular land and has done the same.

Can you please help me to guide (A) Do we have the right on the Gair Marusi land. (B) If yes please suggest me the way out.

Regards

Pankaj

Learning

3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     14 June 2023

just file appeal before the DC 

Pankaj soni   14 June 2023

Sir, 

(A) Do we have the right to reclaim.

(B) Any presedence

(C) If possible, copy of judgement.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 June 2023

Gair Marusi tenants are the tenants at will of the land owners. However, but for the right of inheritance available under the statutory provisions, such tenants were not having any right of inheritance of the tenancy.

Meaning of entry `Gair Marusi' in revenue record - Entry of gair marusi is made irrespective of fact as to whether occupier is tenant or not - Status of occupant can be determined on combined reading of all the entries in the jamabandi particularly the entry made in column of rent 

You may consult a local advocate and proceed as discussed/suggested.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register