Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

samir   13 April 2021

Full and final dues not settled by company due to pandemic

Hi Team...

i resigned properly from my company in India gave one months notice period as per contract and i recd my relieving letter but not recd my full and final payment dues. Is been almost 3 months i have not recd. i have sent several reminders to my hr but they have given pandemic as reason saying due to covid company is in a tight financial situation. My question is what options do i have. Can i pursue this matter legally ?

Learning

3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     13 April 2021

Hello,

You have to take legal action for the recovery of your dues. Send them legal notice and later on approach labour court for recovery of your dues. 

Raghav Arora   13 April 2021

Experts, what if an employee has been working throughout the Pandemic (Precisely - From Jan 2020 to September 2020). the employer did not inform of any sort of deduction or delay and had the employee work full hours. Sometimes overtime, as he was told that he will be promoted. 

He was paid only Rs. 5000 out of 30, 000 in this period, and then due to severe uncertainty and other issues, he left the job. 

Now the employer says that he is not liable to pay for the arrears that arose during the pandemic and he will only pay half of the salary for the months he worked. 

Also, he has been paying his current employees at the full rate since January 2021. 

Is he not liable to pay for 2020? Is he allowed to pay just half? He says he gave a notice through mail in September, which was when this employee had left. 

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     13 April 2021

Yes you can pursue the matter legally by issue a legal notice with the help of local advocate 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register