We are a small firm providing consulting services based at Mumbai. I landed up in a dispute with one of our customers when she wanted to terminate the contract with us (as she got a cheaper alternative) in the midway of the services being imparted and wanted the advance money back. The customer filed a police complaint against me based on baseless allegation to make it look like a case of cheating (Prima-Facie). An FIR was registered under section 420 leading to my arrest in 2006. I got bail soon. The charge sheet has also been filed.
Presently the case is under trial in
- I was advised by an advocate to file an application under section 256(1) of the Code of Criminal Procedure. Does it apply cases under section 420?
- I want to know that whether there is any provision in the law against such frivolous or malicious litigations?
- Is there a way that can bring this complainant to the court?
- Whether there is any possibility to get discharge from this case keeping in view that the charge-sheet has been filed?
- Can you please advise me with a practical solution/ roadmap for a faster relief and justice?
Request: Kindly treat this as confidential.