Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivasan (manager)     31 December 2010

Friend in 498A case

Respectable honourable Sir,

My friend is facing a 498A case charge on him just within 3 months of marriage, I was his close friend he stayed with me 3years before the marriage,  She has included ,y nmae as my friends uncle in the 498A case. I am not his uncle  or relation by any means I am only his friend I would like to know is 498A case included me stands or can i file a case on her to draging me into it .  Your esteem advice looked forward in this regard 


 5 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     31 December 2010

If you are not the relative of the husband, then the 498a case against you cannot stand. Prove dat you are by no means related to the husband and you shall be acquitted. You can sue her for malacious prosecution thereafter.

1 Like

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     31 December 2010

If you in Delhi then Police can't arrest you without permission of DCP and you cant also apply for Anticipatory Bail and file case against her.
1 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     31 December 2010

definitely sue her , teach her a lesson

1 Like

Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     01 January 2011

Dear Srinivasan!

No need to worry.
 498-A  IPC requires cruelty in connection of demand of dowry from the hands of husband, his family and relatives.

1 Like

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     01 January 2011

Ansari Ji,

If neither dowry demand is there nor they can prove in that case 498A will not be applicable.


Please confirm.



1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register