LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sumana Mukherjee (Housewife)     19 October 2012

Fraudulence occurred in savings bank account no – 0619015

Firstly I wish to introduce myself that I Mrs. Sumana Mukherjee, W/o – Mr. Ashim Mukherjee as an inhabitant of Punj Lloyd Ltd. Camp Hathichera T. E, Po –Hathichera, Dist – Cachar, Assam – 788030 Mob – 9435177504 having a savings bank account no – 061901502356 under ICICI bank, Silchar Branch, permanent address Drainerpaar, Debipur R.S, Dist - Burdwan, West Bengal, Pin - 713146 

Also, would like to inform that a Fraudulence of Rupees four lacs forty four thousand and five hundred (Rs. 444500) only, occurred in my savings bank account no – 061901502356 vide my cheque no – 5058 on 31/08/2012 as I hadn’t issue any cheque amounting this much. I only came to know that the sum of this much amount has been credited account from my account to Krishna Kumari Panday’s when I got the SMS alert from ICICI bank. I got surprised and immediately contacted ICICI Silchar Branch Personal as well as ICICI customer care over telephone and enquired that why bank had not asked my confirmation before debiting from my account. Then upon my request Silchar branch personal acted immediately and arrange to freeze the account of Krisna Kumari Panday (after some time I become to know that the account holders name is Kisna Murari Pandy not Krishna Kumari Panday and the mistake was happened due to typing error done by ICICI anandapur branch personal where the cheque had been deposited) as well as another account where the fund was transferred from Mr. Panday’s account as till then only Rs. 398000/- was left into those accounts(confirmed by ICICI Silchar Bank personal)

Moreover, When I asked to tell me the details of Krishna Murari Panday and the Other account holder, The ICICI bank personal refused me to tell all about them and now they are telling me that they are not able to find out these persons as their account were not a regular. Now my question arise that even after strict instruction and guidelines from RBI regarding KYC & AML, how bank is keeping such persons account if they are not able to contact them?

The fact with this cheque is that neither myself had issued any cheque to Mr. Krishna Murari Panday nor amounting this much, as I had handed over the cheque to a person named Mr. Uttam Singha who came to me after telling me as he is an officer from United Bank of India and offering me a housing loan for purchasing a flat in Kolkata. The cheque holding no – 5058 was given to him for CIBIL check purpose and it was clearly mention in the space of pay to – CIBIL and a line after that to avoid free space, in the space of rupees it was clearly written in capital letter four hundred fifty only and a line after that to avoid free space and in the space of Rs. 450/- was written in figure. It’s beyond my imagination that anybody can do this type of imitations in banks cheque.

I had also separately launched a police complaint against those personals who were took the cheque from me under Kolkata Police For which an investigation is in process under Bank fraud Department, Lalbazar, Kolkata and Regarding the investigation myself is keeping in touch with the investigation department and investigation team members, Now, I become to know that your investigation team has found Mr. Krishna Murari Panday and investigated the fraud scheme was occurred as Money Mules where Mr Panday,s account was being used by the frauds. 

I had given a request letter to ICICI bank, Silchar branch marking copy to Anadapur Branch, Kolkata describing all the details and requesting for reversal of my money back into my account. But till today there is no written reply I got from the Bank side, while contacting with the bank investigation personal I asked every time regarding this case and they replied me within few days that will be solved. On 12/10/2012 I have given another letter to the bank asking revert me back the freeze amount. Today bank personal telling me that until unless police has not given the written instruction to release the amount they cannot do anything but they are not issuing any letter not even in email neither to me nor to the police department. I talked with the police personal to doing so he replied me as the amount had been freeze upon my request so its banks duty to deliver the amount to me on my request so why they will give them the written instruction. I also asked bank personal to take a consent of no objection regarding reversal of freeze amount (as he is ready to give that) but the bank personal are telling even of getting this its not possible to reversal the amount. Now I am nowhere without write in this forum as Its very very urgent for me to getting this amount.

Learning

6 Replies

sumana Mukherjee (Housewife)     19 October 2012

As described in my previous post that the amount was credited to Mr. Krishna Murari Panday's account and then to other account. When I asked bank to contact with Mr. Panday and the other account holder then bank's simple reply was they are absconding and bank are not finding them. When police investigated then they found Mr. Panday in his given address. Now Mr. Panday is ready to give an undertake that its is not his money and he has no objection for reversal the amount to my account. But, now are not simple misguided me and saying it is only possiable if police are going to give their consent and no objection as they told me that they are sure that is was a erroneous/Fraudulence transaction.

Now, I want a little help to get my amount back

Prasun Chandra Das (Banker)     19 October 2012

Ms Mukherjee-I will answer as a Banker. I believe that since the case/issue is not sub-judice, the bank can unfreeze the a/c, debit the a/c and credit your a/c. In such cases where X's a/c is wrongly credited, the bank can reverse the credit without any permission or debit authority from X, provided "the a/c holder has no intimation of such credit". Practically, the bank can do it any time, because it is difficult to prove when X had the intimation of the credit. I believe that the Bank could act proactively and reverse the credit. Since the Bank is doing nothing, I think you should contact a Senior person at the bank, Logon to https://www.icicibank.com/notice-board/customergrievance-redressal-policy.pdf

icicibankcare (Bank)     25 October 2012

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We have made a note of your contact details. Our official will get back to you soon to assist you.

Regards,

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

surjit singh (Assistant)     25 October 2012

Mrs Mukherjee, since you have already informed the police, it is good, but it will be in fitness of thing to also approach the Banking Ombudsman at the 3rd floor of Reserve Bank of India, at Guwahati (near Gauhati Railway Station at Guwahati) with a complaint againt the official of the IDBI Bank immediately. There are some irresponsible bank official for which the customers like you/us have to suffer. You can also lodge your complaint on the website of the reserve bank of india banking ombudsman site.

sumana Mukherjee (Housewife)     05 November 2012

Still there are very casual response from ICICI bank without giving me proper feedback. Even I sent a mail to their nodal officer and in response I got mail from their Head Service quality just for extending the time again and again. For everybody's reference herewith I'm attaching the mails. On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Head Service Quality wrote: Dear Ms. Mukherjee, We refer to your appended e-mail of October 13, 2012 addressed to Mr. Shiva Tadikonda and other members of the Senior Management, which has been forwarded to the undersigned for due analysis and redressal. We have registered the complaint vide Service Reference Number SR242576723 regarding your Savings Bank Account 061901502356. As per our telephonic conversation of October 16, 2012, we understand that you have the following complaints: a. Dispute on the amount debited from your account. We are looking into your complaint and will revert to you on or before October 19, 2012. Sincerely, Ashok Kumar Reddy Office of Head Service Quality From: "Head Service Quality" Date: 22 Oct. 2012 01:02 PM Subject: RE:'ICICICARE=003-799-306' Dear Ms. Mukherjee, We refer to your appended e-mail of October 13, 2012 addressed to Mr. Shiva Tadikonda and other members of the Senior Management, which has been forwarded to the undersigned for due analysis and redressal. As per our telephonic conversation of October 19, 2012, we are looking into your complaiunt and update you the status on or before November 2, 2012. We look forward to your co-operation. Sincerely, Ashok Kumar Reddy Office of Head Service Quality Head Service Quality Nov 2 (3 days ago) to me Dear Ms. Mukherjee, We refer to your appended e-mail of October 13, 2012 addressed to Mr. Shiva Tadikonda and other members of the Senior Management, which has been forwarded to the undersigned for due analysis and redressal. As per our telephonic conversation of November 2, 2012, we are looking into your complaint and update you the status on or before November 9, 2012. We look forward to your co-operation. Sincerely, Ashok Kumar Reddy Office of Head Service Quality In all mail they just saying to extend the time nothing else Sumana Mukherjee

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 November 2012

For fraud    ------- Police--------- right action

For refund -----------banking ombudsman/consumer court

KYC norms  ------ RBI

RBI act authroises RBI to remove any bank official from his job without chargesheet even if bank wants to protect him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register