LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Piyush Vakil (NA)     06 November 2009

Fraudster Lawyer!

I am a student and my bike Pulsar 180 was lost in the month of April 2009. It was "unfortunately" found in the month of June 2009. We got to know from the police station that we have to get the "Release of Vehicle" order from the court and he told us that the procedure will not take more than 2 days.

We hired a lawyer named Sachidanand from Mayo Hall court on June 26, 2009. Thereon the trauma starts! We were told by hime that our case number is 68 / 09 and started calling me every here and then and started asking for money.

For example his particular modus operandi was to call me at 3 pm saying that he has moved an advanced petition in the court, and then at 3pm he will be invisible. Subsequently the next day he will inform that "you did not show up, our case number was called and the magistrate blasted me".

This went on for 4 months. Until we recently changed our lawyer. Turns out to be that our case number was 18908/09 and the advance petition was never moved in the past 4 months! The new lawyer Mr. Subramany has refused to proceed ahead with the procedure (only the receipt of the release orders from the court is left) until and unless we give him his fees which is contrary to what we discussed in the beginning which was that we will give him half of the money in the beginning and the other half at the receipt of the document.

I am fed up now of these lawyers, please suggest any recourse, if possible.

Learning

2 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     06 November 2009

dear friend, really a sorry state of affaris for you.

u raise the matter with local bar association president, he will help you out.

kamal katyan (Advocate Supreme court of India)     06 November 2009

If what has been posted by you is true it is very bad...

Now you have two legal options...

1. file a complaint before the state bar Council stating every thing...and 

2. File a complaint Before your District consumers Forum stating every thing...claiming compensation / damages...

In the first option Bar Council will take disciplinary action against the advocate concerned and in second option you will get compensation/damage..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More