LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ManjunathH (Salaried)     11 May 2015

Fraud institution in bangalore

Hi All, 

I have recently enrolled for a list of professional computer courses in Bangalore (Karnataka). At the time of my enrollment, the lady at the reception was very helping in providing some of the course related details. 

The course fees paid is 28,000/-. 

After my enrollment, I have started experiencing difficulties with this institution - they keep cancelling and rescheduling their classes as per their convenient. All of this was not informed to me by the person registering me at the time of registration. This according to me is "Fraud." 

I have now requested for a full refund. The institution are not willing to consider my request and are also quoting their terms from the back of the receipt - "cancellation policy."

Please note: These terms are made available only on the electronically generated receipt which is generated after the payment is made.  

So, net-net, the institution is posing to work in a way to cause loss and trouble to the student(s) while they make Money from us. 

Please provide me guidance / details on Laws available and applicable for such fraudulent institutions in India. 

Essentially, I intend to bring this institution to the applicable / relevant courts in Bangalore and request for a full refund. 

Also please advise – 

1. Am I eligible for a refund. (On bases that the institution did not warm me about their way of functioning - cancelling classes without notice) 

2. In addition to refund, am I eligible for compensation? If so, what is the amount I can claim for? Fees I have paid is 28,000/- INR. 

3. Which court should I approach and what is the procedure? 

Thanks in advance. 


 3 Replies

rajuchowdappa   11 May 2015

Mr.Manjunath I am practicing advocate in Bangalore. Better contact me 9738465552.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     11 May 2015

file a complaint with the district consumer forum to initiate action against the institution

Asoke Kumar Bandyopadhyay (Chief Advisor)     13 May 2015

Please file a Consumer Case before the District Consumer Court at Bangalore. Address of the Dist Forum U can get from internet. Nothing to worry. It is simple and inexpensive. In your case a fee of Rs.100/- you have to pay by means of Bankers /cheque/Dft/Postal Order favg the President, Bangalore dist consumer redressal forum payable at Bangalore. You have to submit three copies of your application on plain paper stating details of the case e.g. the date when you have taken admission, what was written in the Brochure what were the conditions for class examination etc and what they did not perform and how had been affected for their inaction etc. Lastly you should have to mention what kind of relief you want i.e. refund of money/fees you had paid, compensation for your mental agony and harassment and cost of the case including fees paid for the case and your transportation cost to attend the hearing of the case. The application should accompanied with the self attested copies of the documents you are relying upon. e.g. Copy of the Brochure, Money Receipt, and any other document you have. Last line of the appplication should include a verification stating your name, fathers name address declaring the statements mentioned in the application are true to the best of your knowledge and belief. The case can be conducted by yourself no need to engage any lawyer. Don,t be afraid Please go on You will feel that the Consumer Courts are Consumer friendly and you will not be harrassed in the Court and the dates of the hearing are very limited and your case will be settled within 90 days as per the Consumer Protection Act, 1986. Please remember AN AWARE CONSUMER IS THE WEALTH OF THE NATION. PLEASE COME FORWARD TO ESTABLISH YOUR RIGHT.

Thanking you, If you need any further assistance please contact me in the following address. The advise will be totally free.

Yours faithfully,




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query