Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JAYA   26 June 2018

Fraud in plot registration

Hello sir/madam,
We purchased plots in layout, after registration and paying all amount we noticed seller has put wrong address which is not in existence in that layout. when we ask for rectification the seller stopped responding to us.. now we have file FIR against him, we are scared with the attitude of police they indirectly said us they have pressure for localities to help local people even though they r wrong . police interrogated seller in front of us and was confirmed that he is fraud. police have given him time to refund us.. but there is no response from seller and if i called police they just say they are investigating with others who involved in this fraud.. plz sir help me we have lost out 15 years hard earned saving, want our money back .. 
Thanks in advance.


 5 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     26 June 2018

Better approach higher authorities i.e. Superintendent of Police etc., in writing.

Consult a local lawyer.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 June 2018


'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil/DRT matters and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules/laws and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt , before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.



Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 June 2018

The higher police officials ( all are not alike) may not get influenced..and seller may agree.


Also approach a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in civil   matters  and well versed with latest citations, LOCAL applicable rules/laws/ … and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt…..

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     30 January 2019

Approach any Senior local lawyer having handsome knowledge about such cases.


Adv Ibrahim Deshmukh - Navi Mu (Advocate)     25 May 2019

If the plot is in Raigad or Thane districts of Maharashtra, we may give you free legal consultations.

Adv. Ibrahim Deshmukh
202 Hamza Residency
Bandar Road, Near Panvel City Court
Panvel – New Mumbai 410206
Email :
Mob: +91 7045536236


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads