LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourav Chatterjee (Professional)     21 August 2013

Fraud by study center and pvt university

A Kolkata based study cum admission center advertised and admitted a student for on behalf of a UGC recognized Private University of Himachal Pradesh. After payment of Rs.15,000 as registration and admission charges in two installment, the student got two identity cards from that study centre and the university also; he had been provided an university registration number on the above study center's letter head, all the procedure was done by the study centre. But after few days of conducting classes the study center stopped taking classes and remain silence about the forthcoming university examination, They never provide the admit card even for the 1st semester examination. Recently university published an advertisement in local news paper that they have no branches or off-campus admission or regional centre or whatever may be in the same nature beyond the territorial jurisdiction off the state, now the study center surprisingly declare that they are just admission and information center, not liable for taking classes and university's own administrative matters. The official website of the university now shows a scan copy of UGC's directions of the year 2010, where there was clear instruction to the university for not to open any other admission center/off-campus center/regional center etc outside the territorial jurisdiction of the state. Now the student already been spoiled more than one year to deal with this problem, at this position what is the most effective way to give relief to that student and how to proceed with this matter.


 2 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     21 August 2013

Study center advertised that it is affiliated to Himachal University, UGC recognized. Collected Rs. 15,000/- did not conduct  classes. You file criminal complaint under section 420 I.P.C. etc., against study center and file case in the consumer Forum for refund of fee paid with 24% interest, compensation, damages, court expenses, ruining academic year, causing mental agony. Students come under consumer Protection Act, 1986.

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     21 August 2013

which is this university and study center give me phone number and address by pm or here kindly declare so others can not cheated

also send to ugc

i think if dec approved then students out of state can join courses by distance mode

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register