Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

guy669 (xyx)     18 September 2012



Respected sir,


My wife has filed a divorce case against me stating nullity of marriage,also she has filed 

stating I have fabricated my educational qualification and income level,and health problems , incase if my wife is able to prove this in the court, what punishment the court will award me.please advise me.





 3 Replies

rahul (director)     18 September 2012

no punisment... 

court grant divorce her id she able to prove in court, which is not easy.

why you in fear,, what fraud you did.?

guy669 (xyx)     18 September 2012

my parents told thier parents that I am earning Rs 25,000 and I persuing higher education.But i was not aware of that  later after marriage when she questioned me I have revealed the facts. but they dont have any written proof for that.plz trust me i am completely innocent, and while she left she has taken 25lkh worth  of jewellery with her, which she denies that it is with her,tit for tat.

 after she receives the divorce whether she can put criminal charges against me, is it both of us have appled for divorce cases seperately as marriage has not been consuminated.

Amit (NA)     21 September 2012

Lying about education and salary by husband is fraud. There are cases where annument was obtained.

Whether you lie or your parents, that should not matter.

In case some one from your side lied, try to convince her that it's not a big deal. If that fails, just let her go.

No one would like to live with a family who have cheated.


It does not look like a case fit for any criminal charges. Of course there's 498A etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register