LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

paras (rm)     16 March 2016

Forum for consumer protection case


What may be the best choice available to a customer who want to file a case against an online shopping site. The problem is that it is not practical for the consumer to go and file the case in another state(The invoice state that it is subject to  Mumbai jurisdiction). Is it possible to file a civil case at a place where the customer resides? 


 2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     16 March 2016



It is advisable to send the Legal Notice first and then file the case .


Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate


paras (rm)     16 March 2016

Thanks, Mr Chandana for your valuable advise. The seller's invoice states "Subject to Mumbai Jurisdiction". Can still the case be filed in Gujarat as the buyer is located in Gujarat.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register