IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     25 February 2008

Forms under the Payment of Gratuity Act

The payment of Gratuity act has total 21 Forms used for various purposes. The names are :

FORM A-Notice of opening--(Meant for employer)
FORM B--Notice of change of establishment--(Meant for employer)
FORM C--Notice of Closure of establishement-(meant for employer)
FORM D--Notice for excluding husband from family -(Meant for employee)
FORM E--Notice of withdrawal of notice for excluding husband from family
FORM F--Nomination
FORM G--Fresh Nomination--(by means of marriage)
FORM H--Modification of nomination
FORM I--Application of gratuity by an employee
FORM J--Application of gratuity by a nominee
FORM K--Application of gratuity by a legal heir
FORM L--Notice for payment of gratuity
FORM M--Notice rejecting claim for payment of gratuity
FORM N--Application for direction
FORM 0--Notice for appearance before the controlling authority
FORM P--Summons
FORM Q--Particulars of application under section 7
FORM R--Notice for payment of Gratuity
FORM S--Application for recovery of gratuity
FORM T-Application for recovery of gratuity
FORM U--Abstract of the Act and R ules


 8 Replies

veenzar (Advocate)     28 February 2008

Thanks for the details, Very useful information

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     02 March 2008

Its useful.Thanks.

lakshmi (-)     03 March 2008

very informative sir, Thankyou, Lakshmi

Suresh (Service)     18 February 2012

Originally posted by :Prakash Yedhula

Good afternoon

My name is Suresh and from HR dept, would like to know upon a particular situation, w.r t Payment of Gratuity Act.  In case an employees dies due to illness while on employment but before completion of 5 yrs, what would be the amount of gratuity be calculated - only upto the period of his / her tenure with the organisation or until retirement age.


prayank khemka (associate)     30 March 2012

which form is to be used if i need to apply for a certified copy of a particular order. it is not a an order issuing any direction regarding payment. 

jayalal (business associate)     11 April 2012


I am working in a limited company from 1st of june 2007.  Now I have decided to resign from the service with effect from 10th of May 2012.  Whether I am eligible for Gratuity.  If i am eligible please let me know the calculation of the same.

subhranshu (Manager)     13 April 2012

Yes you will be eligible. Calculation is based on your salary structure.

jayalal (business associate)     13 April 2012

Thank you for your initiative.  In verification of the Gratuity Act, it is seen that minimum 5 years service is necessary to get gratuiry.  I have not met with this requirement.  So how i will be eligible for gratuity? Please explain.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query