Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arundhatii (Junior Advocate)     28 April 2011

Format of Condonation of Delay.

Sir / Madam,

I am a new lawyer, having couple of independant cases in my hand. I am handling a case of Domestic Violence, in which i have to file an appeal in the " SESSIONS COURT" at MUMBAI against an interim order of maintenance. due to work pressure, and health issues i could not file the same in the given 30 days limitation period. i have never come across such situation before, therefore, i am just wondering in what manner application/affidavit of condonation of delay be draft. will it be in the form of affidavit? or will it be an application to be filed along with copy of appeal? what reasons should i mentioned? i am just confused. it is my mistake that i could not file appeal in given time, and i accept it. please help me.

If anyone of you is having dead copy of "Condonation of Delay" application / Affidavit kindly mail it to me on following e mail id ---------> gajagamini_ek_swamini@yahoo.co.in

Please help me out. i have just started my career.

Adv. Arundhati Patwardhan

Learning

6 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     28 April 2011

@ Author

Buy these small books which will be helpful to your fresh career from being home maker to career Advocate afterall in future also you will be needing such templates na..........

1. Civil Pleadings and Practice (along with Model Forms) By Jstc P.S. Narayana's, Asia Law House, Rs. 295/-
2. Legal Drafting for Layman A Nabhi Publicatio, Rs. 150/-

Showing your Bar Membership you will get 35% discount from any Law Book House

Thank you Sir. Yes, i have just started my practice. i have done my law after marriage. Thank you for your kind words.

Jamai Of Law (propra)     28 April 2011

First of all appeal (or whatever or whereever one is assailing the order/decree/judgment) should lie. Check that first.

One should go to immediate competant jurisdiction.

If both of above are ascertained and thenif it is revealed that statute if limitation has run over it, then calculate total delay in terms of calender days ...... then mention

as per Section 5 of Limitatin act 1963.

Then mention the 'sufficient cause' (es) .........  why you deserve to be ondoned of delay?

Make a comparative analysis. Show appeal won't become infructuous completely if condonation granted and if appeal taken for hearing.

Also show merits of the case, prima facie, why appeal being preferred. How the miscarriage of justice' has occurred (Don't too much other wise it is deemed as if 'why were you sleeping for so long?'. Say circumstances and new evidence has taken you for a big surprise. etc etc etc. It all depends on your case.)

Show/give security or show willingness to give security for costs to other party.

Make a supporting affidavit at the same.(it is a must)

There is no specific format as such.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     28 April 2011

better take help of one senior advocate, because you have to prepare appeal with condonation of delay.

it has to be drafted. no specific format is there.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     28 April 2011

one good cause for condonation of delay is - due to financial problem, the party not able to come to court immediately.

ofcourse it is not your case but you may use it if you like.

Thank you Jamai ji, Thank you Arup ji for your kind words of wisdom. Appeal period of 30 days has already lapsed. So, as per my humble understanding i would need to file  total two documents---> 1- Memorandum of Appeal and 2- Affidavit for Condonation of delay.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register