LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raju (business)     10 August 2011

Form-32a experiences

Hi Experts,

I am a NRI. I want to buy a Land in Hyderabad, Andhra pradesh.

Can I sign and send form-32A along with my thumb impression and photo so that my father can register the land on my name in my absence? Of course, my father will add his signature, thumb impression and photo as a representative on form 32-A.

Is power of attorney mandatory in this case? If mandatory, will the power of attorney attached to the property papers? Is PoA copy stored with the sub-registrar office? Or is it just to show it to the sub-registrar to convince him/her?

Can someone give detailed information about 32-A and Power of Attorney?


Thanks & Regards,


 4 Replies

kumar t v s (advocate)     10 August 2011

Dear Raju,

Since you are the buyer, you may simply affix your thumb impression and signature in form 32 A along with photo and authorise your father to represent you to get the property registered in your name. Your father's signature, thumb impression and photo will be obtained at the time of registration on the same form.


Kumar TVS

Raju (business)     10 August 2011

Ok. Thank you Kumar.

How about the Power of attorney related questions? Do you have some information / answers for those?

kumar t v s (advocate)     10 August 2011

POA is not required as you are buying the property. Your authorisation in form 32 A is sufficient.

Kumar TVS 

Vishu S   03 February 2021

Is it safe with Form 32 A   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register