LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alapati Prasad (Engineer-Business-Lawyer)     10 October 2010

forgery promissory note

somebody  filed a false case against me with a forgery promissory note at a place far off from my residence.  I have received summons from the civil court. I have received the plaint copy.  I do not know the person who filed the case. It is forgery document.  Kindly suggest me whether I can file a criminal case against the person, who filed a case on me, at my place of residence.

Learning

3 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     10 October 2010

YOU FILE A PERJURY AND FORGERY CASE IN YOUR TOWN CRIMINAL COURTS ON THE SAME PERSON UNDER SEC 200 OF CRPC, WHERE HE HAS TO ATTEND IN PERSON.

THEN DO NOT FORGET TO ATTEND THE CIVIL MATTER THROUGH YOUR ADVOCATE , OTHER WISE IT WILL BE DECIDED EX PARTY.

DEEPAK ASSOCIATES (08010117611)     10 October 2010

In the criminal law it is to be seen where the offense has been committed. In your case he produced the documents in the court too far but at the same time it cannot be withheld that the documents are not made in the location where you residing. Therefore, you can file the criminal case nearby your police station or SP/Commisisoner/ACP. If police did not take any action then move to court.

However, you are advice to engage the advocate at the place from where you received the notice of civil court. the Proceeding under civil and criminal are indepent, therefore, take care

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 October 2010

It is necessary to see at the Jurisdiction column in the plaint what plaintiff has taken contention.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More