Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahi   20 August 2021

Forced labour- violation of article 23- human rights

Dear All.

My employer ha failed to pay my earned wages and i have already lodged claim under Payment Of Wages Act before appropriate authority and apart from that i have also lodged a case before the Human Rights Court as forced labour is human rights violations and sought criminal action.

Human Rights Court Judge us asking me under which Section of crime of Forced labour i shall initiate the proceeding.

I am lacking here little bit, hence please elaborate me and help me how shall i put all before the human rights court

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     22 August 2021

Human Rights violations could only be against the Government and its agencies i.e. the State, not against private persons or entities. Who are the respondents to the complaint filed? What are the remedies sought?

Mahi   24 August 2021

Hello Sir,

First of all thanks for your valid point mentioned in the post.

The respondents are public limited company, not a state, But i have gone through few of High Court judgements wehre they have clearly stated that Human Rights violations can be prosecuted even against the private individual by Human Rights Court designated under Sec-30 of PHR Act ,1993

The human rights court has admitted the case against the company but there is not clarity in the act subjecting to which offence? 

Please help in further clarity

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register