LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anuragminz   12 March 2015

For obtaining caste certificate

Dear Sir/ Madam, Can you please guide me regarding how to obtain a caste certificate in Chhattisgarh.I belong to (S.T) category and was born in 1991 at Chattisgarh. My father is from jharkhand & my mom is from chattisgarh. After marriage my parents shifted to Chhattisgarh and have been residing there ever since for more than 20 years now, I had my schooling from nursery to 12th std from Chhattisgarh. But now the state is asking for a 50 years record for getting caste certificate. What can i do? . Please Help.

Learning

6 Replies

Swastik Nath (Freelance Lawyer)     14 March 2015

Obtain Caste Certificate: Chhattisgarh

Concerned Authority

Tehsil Office

Procedure

An application form to obtain the caste certificate has to be filled by the applicant, other than which an oath form is also required to be filled by the candidate, to be deposited after taking oath in front of a Notary. Although no specified time for the issuance of the certificate has been provided, the process is usually completed within a week's time.

Necessary documents/papers

·         School education certificate is to be attached (class 5th, 8th, 10th, or 12th) as a proof of duration of stay.

·         A format duly filled and signed by the village Patwari is also to be submitted along with these forms, in the prescribed format.

Fee

No fee is required for obtaining a caste certificate.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 June 2015

query on procedure.

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     02 August 2015

In Andhra Pradesh the procedure is almost the same but S.C/S.T caste list is there.S.C in West Bengal may not be S.C in A.P.The authority for issue of c.c differs from caste to caste.For some castes Tahsildar,for some castes Revenue Divisional Officerand for some caste Collector is competant authority.Permanent caste certificate is being issued in A.P.The official cannot ask for 50 years back certificate.But burden of proof lies on you to prove your caste.If you hail from village villagers evidence is more impotant if You are living in towns and cities neighbours report is important.Anyhow you have to prove your caste.

anuragminz   03 August 2015

Hi, My application of caste certificate is rejected in chattisgarh,they said me no any procedure of caste certificate migration in chattisgarh, your certificate is only valid for jharkand & it's not migrate to chattisgarh.I have a permanent c.c of jharkhand but they said there is no use of jharkand c.c in chattisgarh. . If any other procedure is there so kindly tell me the details,i will thankfull to all of you. Thanks. . . .

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     29 October 2016

did your father  take migration to chattisgarh by seeking domicile in chattisgarh? if not , the chattisgarh authority of ST board may not accept ST position for your father; but your mom shd be having i think if she is an ST. then claim her ST position as these days mother's name as important as father's position, so your school would carry your mom's name too, that route might perhaps help you to claim ST classification.

Pls note there is straight procedure that one can be said one belongs to one community when one of the spouses migrates to new state.

India suffers from improper classifications of 'sur names' on one's name; but that must have been done by the government of India. another problem when 'dalit' is further added to one's  name that created further problem. as 'dalit' need not be just from ST or SC only as any one can become a 'dalit' (just it denotes the person is a buddhist only , nothing more). so dr B R Ambedkar did not ablish all sub castes and brought all f them together under one classification, that is the problem, today SC and ST face problems. so also in OBC, BC classifications.

Besides there is no hard and fast rule of any 'caste classification' as such, except one what he or she calls himself or herself, this kind of problem is only encouraging all kinds of corruption in certification today. 

So far none moved the courts in the right direction.

Your option is just claim your mother's caste as she is from chattisgarh, being very native, with some local caste classification, that way you can succeed; don't press here your father's caste classification of Jharkhand, fot it is already rejected. tks.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     29 October 2016

problem is for migrants to any state in india. that could be sorted out if one takes adequate precautions right from very beginning when they migrate to some new state. Or if you have to take father's classification , then claim it in jharkhand only today, as he is already ST in jharkhand, as his daughter you can get that ST benefit in Jharkhand only, not in chattisgarh. facts are there is any direct doctrine of caste, as castes as such are just imaginary ideas only basing their earlier profession they carried on that is the only root. read my article 'on caste' issues appeared on this site. tks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register