LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr Ramesh Yadav   06 August 2022

For IPC and punishment for submitting wrong affidavit in government office

we have 2 uncle one elder who is staying in Goregaon, Mumbai, maharashtra and young one in mumbai. elder uncle given false affidavit for puting young brother name on 7/12 extract of our ancestral land saying that he has only one brother i got a copy of affidavit is there a legal way to challenge or complain such thing. If yes, please suggest IPC and what will be the punishment.


 3 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     07 August 2022

Under what circumstances the Affidavit was filed before the authority by your uncle? and how the authority acted on mere productions of Affidavit? 

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 August 2022

Obtain certified copy relevant records and file a criminal complaint under section 200 of Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 before area Magistrate through a local prudent lawyer.

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     07 August 2022

It appears from the post that your uncle furnish your brother's name for mutation in your ancestral land to make unjust enrichmen in the ancestral property. What is disturbinng is how the authority acted upon a mere production of Affidavt to change the name in immovable property, as even conveyance of land through Power of Attorney was held by the Supreme Court as illegal, IT HELD "The illegal and irregular process of `Power of Attorney Sales' spawns several disputes relating to possession and title, and also results in criminal complaints and cross complaints and extra-legal enforcement and forced settlements by land mafia:.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query