LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr Ramesh Yadav   01 August 2021

For Breach of trust...

If a person staying under one roof by promising that he will marry to female partner and due to this bounding they had one child. And Now male partner left the female with her child alone and broke his promise. Kindly guide me what will be the IPC under whích she make complain to teach lesson to that person.


 5 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     01 August 2021

Breach of contract&,cheating .Of coursed they should be proved beyond doubt before the court.
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 August 2021

The couple had stayed in live-in relation, which do not tantamount to cheating or attract any other provision of IPC.

What is your problem / concern / locus standi to the hypothetical question ?

Eric Kwadwo Awuah   02 August 2021

The reason why the man broke the promise must be establish

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 August 2021

The victim should approach Voluntary Association or other NGO whose main objective is women's welfare.  They have such machinery to establish a case and help the victim in filing such cases, bringing pressures on Police to register FIR, give wide publicity through media by way of demonstration before the alleged's house etc.,  A victim should not bother about such relevant sections in IPC and her duty is to report to the Police the facts.   It is up to the SHO to register FIR and frame a case stating such sections.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 August 2021

The facts posted do not suggest any cheating or fraud. However, the lady has the option to seek maintenance under Section 125 CrPC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register