LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kalpesh   11 September 2017

For adding an additional witness in procecution evidence list by accused

In a case of of 498a when chargesheet has been presented by investigation police team a list of witnesses has been made too and they are called procecution evidence who will prove the guilt of accused but my question is when an accused strongly feels that someone related person has been left in this procecution evidence list may be knowingly or unknowingly and he (accused) should get a chance to cross examine him/her (missing in list )as well as other witness then under which crpc section an accused can pray to judge to add that missing or left person ?


 1 Replies

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     13 September 2017

You cannot ask the other party what witness or evidence to produce. Calling such people (other party siders) as defence witness is also dangerous, so you have to carefully plan with your lawyer as what you wish to extract from such witness.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads