LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand Shaw   12 December 2021

Floor plan mistake in sale deed


My Flat's floor plan is mirror image that actual in sale deed and same mistake is present in linked deed of previous owner and developer. Please advise. 



 5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 December 2021

You can file RTI Application to the concerned authority that has given approval and can obtain a certified copy of the plan by mentioning the assessment and with a copy of that mirror image for tracking the record. It costs Rs.10/- for the application fee and Rs.6/- as a copying fee.

Anand Shaw   13 December 2021


Approved building and floor plan is correct but the individual flat floor plan attached in my sale deed is mirrored only. 

Aryan Raj   13 December 2021

In response to your query I would suggest you to file a rectification deed in agreement with the seller. A rectification deed is recognised under Section 17 of the Indian Registration Act, 1908 and is a perfectly legal way to correct errors in legal documents. The deed must be registered, to become legally valid. In this manner you can try to correct the mistakes in the deed and make the document legally valid. And if the seller doesn't concur with you then you can identify his intentions whether he is selling the house to you good will or he has ill intentions with the sell.


Aryan Raj 

Anand Shaw   13 December 2021


Let say I get it rectified in my sale deed but what about the linked deed made between previous owner and developer. Same mistake is present in that too. 

Will it not cause any issue since it will be wrong in linked deed. 

Aryan Raj   14 December 2021

Dear Sir,

Rectification of the document means that correction of previous mistakes therefore if the same mistake was made in any previous document that will be rectified as well and it won't cause any trouble to you in the future. 


Aryan Raj 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query