LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sriram.... (Officer)     03 April 2013

Fleeing abroad

Hi all... its going to be one year since i got married and my wife lived with me for only one month from the date of marriage that too it was during our Honeymoon in Europe. After coming back from honeymoon she went to her parents house and never returned. Ours is a love marriage. My wife has taken nearly 25 lacs from me wen we wer in love (Amt. was paid by me through cheques and RTGS/NEFT). Now i hav come to know that my wife is planning to flee the country and go to USA wer her uncle stays. Can i stop her from going abroad?? Can i file a Criminal Case against her??? Are there any other solution to tis situation??

Kindly help me.

Learning

7 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 April 2013

You cannot stop her.

So far you have not disclosed any material worth a criminal case.

Merely if you have paid huige sum to her you cannot feel having pruchased her.  You can file RCR case but even that case cannot stop her from travelling whereeveer she wants.

how the things went wrong in a love marrige within one month.

In the name of Love and marriage she has cheated me and extorted money from me. I raise the same question to you as to why a girl should desert her husband within one month of marriage and plan to travel abroad??? She has not taken any legal action viz. file for divorce or file a complaint in the police station for cruelty, dowry harrasement or domestic violence (Anyways she cannot do so first of all since ter were no such instances). She has jus got the money she wanted and now she wans to cheat another person the same way. She enjoyed her honeymoon in europe with me and now she wans to settle some wer els and cheat another person. As simple as that.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 April 2013

@ Author,

1. You can still file family law case against her with IA restraining her not to leave country without express permission of the Court along with deposit of her Passport r/w not to get re-married till finality of suit matter under family laws.

2. You need to find an advocate via reference at the earliest and make a move under civil matrimonial laws of the land as you have interesting evidences instead of wasting more time thinking what and how things went wrong.

stanley (Freedom)     03 April 2013

Never let the heart rule over the mind . There is no point wasting your time and money in court cases as litigation is dirty. She has not filed any cases since she must have caught hold of another bakra and hence is fleeing the country . yes you can file cases and be prepared also for counter cases like DV and 498 A as per newtons third law of motion .My suggestion would be to file for MCD and you should  re-marry .There is no point holding on to a dead marriage .   

Now look at it like this !!

A pig goes to guiness book office to check if he is still the dirtiest animal on earth or not and he came out angirly shouting

" Yeh Vidya Balan kaun hai " ..............:-)  

I hav understood her intentions now. But I am only worried about the huge money tat she took from me and my dad. I hav ample evidence in te form of rtgs, eft, cheque payment. She has taken all te money before marriage. Can my dad file a cheating case against her??? I hav got a lawyer now. Can I also file a cheating case against her???

(Guest)

Legally nothing much you can achieve, use your money and employ other forces.

fraud should be treated in a language it understands...

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 April 2013

I repeat what Sam stated "she can file any xyz case even if there is no base to file them , so be a little bit cautious"

You cannot file case of DV rather you can provoke her to file DV case against you as a justification for leaving you within a month.

Please do not invite the misery which you may not be deserving.  It is clear that you can neither stop her from going abraod nor recover money.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register