LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakhi (NA)     07 February 2013

Flat name transfer and withdrawal of original deed


Dear Forum,


I have got very valuable response from this forum earlier that helped me a lot. Now these questions are very vital for me at this stage and I will be highly obliged and grateful to the forum lawyers helping me in this situation. If possible please respond to particular question wise, that will make me more clear.


Thank you for taking out your valuable time in responding to my queries below.


1.  What  is the procedure to collect the original flat registration deed with Police GD (General Diary) copy from the registrar office ( as the flat registration IGR receipt copy has been lost)?


2. Now the flat is in my name as well as in my fathers name, so what is the procedure to get the flat transferred to my sole name?


3. Before the original deed withdrawal from the registrar office can the flat be transferred to my name, though I have the certified copy of the deed with me?


4. In the certified copy of the flat registration deed my name has a spelling mistake, is it a matter of concern? If yes than what is the procedure to rectify that? Will that hold the transfer?



Best Regards


Kolkata, West Bengal


 1 Replies

sahil kumar (cosultancy)     08 February 2013

Answer to query no 2 your father can gift his part to you and later you should apply for mutation  in your name. It will result in making you the sole owner in goverment records.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query