Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yasaswi gomes (.)     22 September 2021

Fir filing section 26 a of companies

Hi,

When I first give written police complaint on white papers, can I request the police 🚨 for some kind of evidence?

txs.

Learning

4 Replies

Anusha Singh   01 October 2021

As per your query it is understood that you need information about filing the FIR and getting the proof of it.

FIR in simple words is known as the (First Information Report). The procedure for filing an FIR is mentioned under Section 154 of the Criminal Procedure Code, 1973. You can file the FIR at any police station. You do not necessarily have to be in that area particular area where the crime has been committed. But, try to visit a nearest police station as the FIR has to be filled immediately without any delay.

Filing of FIR:

1)    Visit the nearest police station and describe all the details to the police whatever you know.

2)    You can either verbally tell the police officer about the incident or write down the details by yourself.

3)    If you tell the police verbally, then the duty officer must write it down and then make an entry in the General Diary or Daily Diary.

4)    You can also submit a written complaint.

5)    The police will go through all the details once you submit the information.

6)    After that, the information recorded by the police is read over to you.

7)    You need to sign the FIR, once the information has been recorded by the police.

8)    Sign the report only after verifying that the information recorded by the police is as per the details given by you.

9)    A free copy of FIR will be given to you with an FIR number, date of FIR and the name of the police station.

Make sure that both the copies must be stamped. The stamp on the FIR bears a DD Number or Daily Diary Number. It is a proof that they received your complaint. In case you lose your copy, you can use these details to access the FIR online for free.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Anusha Singh

1 Like

yasaswi gomes (.)     01 October 2021

Thank you. How much should I pay at the police station? Is 1000₹ enough?

Anusha Singh   01 October 2021

You don't have to pay any kind of money or fee to the police to get your FIR registered. It is free of cost and if anyone in the police station demand such money from you, then you can file a complaint with the senior officials.

1 Like

yasaswi gomes (.)     01 October 2021

Thank you Madam you are looking decent than my own lawyer who asked me to bribe police to get my FIR done, 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register