LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunny   01 July 2016

Fir filed against me under section 279 and 337

I was on green light on my car, but a police traffic constable on motor cycle without helmet jumped the red light and hit the left fender of my car. His leg got injured and was taken to hospital by a police van immediately. Many witnesses were present there. Police didn't listen to any of them, impounded my car, DL and RC without giving me a receipt. I asked the I.O. to write my complaint but he refused. Then I emailed IG, SSP regarding the refusal to complaint by police and the whole incident. In newspapers, it also came that police constable jumped the red light and hit the car. But, after 2 days, I.O. called me that FIR has been registered against you under section 279 and 337, and give your arrest. After sometime I received a call from SSP office and he called me in his office. I explained the whole incident to him. He telephonically gave instructions to SHO to re-investigate and put the arrest on hold. The SHO called me and took my statement and also asked if I had any witnesses. I called the witnesses the next day and SHO also took their statement. They told that the constable had jumped the red light and all the incident. Now, I want to ask whether the FIR against me will be quashed? Can I put an FIR against the constable? Can I put any other case against him as he has filed a false FIR against me?


 3 Replies


You may file a writ for the quashing of the FIR. No you cannot file false cases.

Rit Arora



Shekhar (Proprietor)     01 July 2016

Since the witnesses have told against the police, in writing, tell SHO to instruct the IO to put B report. Case closes automatically.

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     21 July 2016

kindly have a talk with your lawyer regarding action ought to be taken.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query