LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohammad Sharfuddin   08 October 2018

FIR against me

I had forcefully (avenged in anger) taken some goods from a shop (my renter) because he previously took mine but is not confessing it, who also made a video of it in his mobile phone. I also told him to return his good once he will return mine. But soon after that act (after around 30 minutes of taking his good) , I realised not to do so and thought of returning it. So I returned it in front of him and also made a video of returning it in front of him in my mobile. But even though later on that day, that person filed an FIR against me of Extortion (ipc section 384). He even imparted some flavour in it and added that I took some more goods (which I didn't) in his FIR and also wrote in that, that I had used abusive language and also threatened to kill him which all are False. he even at the end defended himself that in future the accused (me) can lodge a False complaint against him in response to this FIR. God now I am in utter difficulty. What should I do now to save myself? I am just a student preparing for competitive exams and not even took an admission in college. My whole career in future we be waste.. Please someone help me. I plead to you.


 2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 October 2018

These are petty cases that can be handled by mediators through negotiation (Traders' Association, Chamber of commerce etc) . Take for example a thief has stolen a purse with some money, and when caught he returned the purse.  Can one say that he has not committed any offense as there is no loss of property?  .In a case, a Bank manager has swindled the money from the accounts of his depositors for his personal use, and when they came for withdrawing he used to deposit that much money and avoided suspicion.  When he could no longer repay that money he has swindled from depositors and Bank charge sheeted him, his only argument is that he has taken money, but there is a delay in returning back and the delay is not a fraud and he has no such intentions and boldly argued !!!

You ought to have realized your career before resorting to such threats.  Contact the police officials personally, express regrets and inform of your future, assure them that you will not repeat it in future, and let that complaint is taken back through police pressures.  Police may do it for some favours, but as you are a student, hope there is compassion still exists with everyone.

1 Like

Martin S.   08 October 2018

Compromise, dont take things to your hand again.  Approach a forgive and forget method.  

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register