LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yash kan krish (Trainee)     10 March 2012

Fined for drunkenness

Mr X was brought up to Police station for quarrel and minor fight with bank employees in drunken state. After which his medical was done. He was made to write an apology letter and let go on security of Bike papers.

Later he was asked to deposit a fine of Rs 1000. This incidence took place way back in 2005 now he is appointed for a job and is to fill up a form in which he has to state whether he has ever been arrested or  fined by court if law in past.

What are his future prospects.


 7 Replies

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     10 March 2012

It is better to disclose all facts required in form but This type of punishments are  not barred for appointment 

yash kan krish (Trainee)     12 March 2012

Does the same incidence account as arrest or fined by court of law. And how long are the records maintained in such case.

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     12 March 2012

Records of this type orders/judgment are  weeded out after some times but inventory containing the details is kept permanently.

yash kan krish (Trainee)     12 March 2012

Is  Still  that means an arrest and fined by court of law ? Because in form his is to mention yes or no. In case of arrest details are asked.

Devesh A. Bhatia (Advocate)     15 March 2012

If there is an FIR number then you should disclose it. If there is none then forget

kameswarao S (Head HR)     15 March 2012

Find out those details from the police station because you mentioned it is of 2005, if FIR is there then it is registered.

In my opinion if FIR is there or not you should mention that incident and communicate because when the enquiry comes then the information should not be negative.

Regards - kamesh

yash kan krish (Trainee)     15 March 2012

Few more things to mention, he neither appeared in court nor he was ever summoned. Only a call from police station to deposit Rs 1000 in court ,it was also a month after. Is it  possible that no case was run after lodging of FIR.

PLS guide.

Whats the procedure to find out details. Is there any kind of Background check that can be done. Or any character certificate. That too is limited to area ploice station. PLS advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register