LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek kumar   23 June 2022

fine collected by a officer

sir,a few days ago we were travelling on a scooty a at a spot we met some policemen in haldia,kolkata

basically they were civilian police officers not the traffic officers still they fined us saying that the person driving the scooty was only wearing the helmet and the other one was without helmet..
sir now my question is are they allowed to collect the fines or they are only allowed to make challans
because when we told them that right now we dont have much money they told us that our scooty could be seized

sir i request you please suggest because its a issue everyone faced one in thier everyday life

Learning

4 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     23 June 2022

This civic police is only prevailing in West Bengal. These civic police does raid, seizure and all activities of police except signing. These civic police think themselves as police officers but actually all are outsourced and contractual. File a PIL as this is a bigger cause and corruption has raised in its peak during these IPS civic officers!

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 June 2022

Advise and services of a local lawyer may be preferred after obtaining necessary information about authorisation of such "fake" police-wala collecting fine amount(s).

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 June 2022

Executive can accept fines only when willingly given. And they need to issue recepts.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 June 2022

S I designated traffic police officials can issue challan and collect fine

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register