Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

siddartha   27 July 2015

Finalsettlement not made yet !!!

Hi All,

I am a video game developer and I worked for a company which is a joint venture from two big digital entertainment gaints. I left the company last december 2014 and serverd complete 3 months notice period. My PF also got cleared properly. Taxation is also made. What they did not do is clearing my last month salary and othet pending arrers as part of final settement. I have been following them since last 7 months. Initillay thay asked me to wait for couple of months as they are running thorugh some financial crysis. So I have waited as I worked with them for a long time. 

BUt they have been postphoning the final settlement every now and then. NOt made any till now. I have been waiting all this time as I have some good relationship with MD. Now I am completely fed up as they stopped even responding.

I cannot loose the amount as it is close to couple of lacs they need to clear which will help me greatly in clearing my debts. Now I wanna file a legal notice on them. Please assist me the best possibel way in taking a legal action. I have all the communication emails that happened between us and commitment of clearing my dues before july first week.

Thank you in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 July 2015

You can approach:

Employee’s/Trade Union leaders e.g. CITU/INTUC/AITUC/BMS etc

Able Labor Law Consultant/Service Matters Lawyer/Law Firm

And you counsels may opine that you are covered by the def. of ‘Employee’ as in (Name of the state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, ‘Workman’ as in ID Act and can:

approach:Inspector appointed under (Name of the state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, Payment of Wages Act, O/o Labor Commissioner, civil court

lodge complaint u/s406,420

file winding up petition as unpaid payouts are debt on employer

The employer may respond to demand notice by unions/legal notice by lawyer or shall have to appear before lawful authority, court of law

siddartha   04 August 2015

Hi Kumar Ji,

Thank you for replying to my concern. So, Now I can go lodge complaint u/s 406,420 and send a demand notice right.?

Also please suggest me how to reach Employee / trade union leaders on this regard. Do I need to reach concern state employee union leader ?

Thanks in advance.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 August 2015

You can log onto thier websites and speak to them.

Eventually the local union leaders shall be interacting with you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register