Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Filling divorce case against my wife

Page no : 2


Moreover, If you still need divorced, Then settle it out of the court not in the court.

As in court you lost money and many more things. Later you known about all those things.

So proceed accordingly.



Abhinatre Gupt.

1 Like

Pradeep Kumar (Lawyer)     18 October 2011

Respected Sir,

        You have abandoned your wife not her.If you file a case for desertion,thereafter your wife shall be asked for the reason of desertion and if she adduces the evidences wherein she was deserted from your end and also she had gone to CAW cell to file a complaint against you and if she files a case for RCR you will not be entitled to take divorce.First of all,you should make every endeavors to make your marriage work,consult the doctors and get her diagnosed.If you all the efforts have been exhausted please file the divorce in US.As far as time is concerned depending on the state you are living in,it takes less time as compared to India if it happens to contested.However,decisions should not be left on the mercy of time.



Pradeep Kumar & Associates


Chamber-208,CSA Block,

District Court,Gurgaon

(M) 09871765000


2 Like

kanwarjeetsingh (Adv)     25 October 2011

She is separated since Feb 2011, whether case under desertion survive. I think you should consult advvocate to take the divorce?

kanwarjeetsingh (Adv)     25 October 2011

I agreed with  Pradeep Kumars submission

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     25 October 2011

If seperated since Feb 2011, case can not be filed on the grounds of desertion.





Shonee Kapoor

shrinivasg Advocate. (N)     25 October 2011

Desertion cannot be the ground in your case. First you try to  survive your marriage by giving treatment to your wife. If you do not want her to reunion, you have to pay compensation as per settled demand and go for mutual divorce. Here also 1 year seperation is required. You should approach her through your best friend in India and settle the issue. It is not easy to prove desertion, cruelty etc. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register