Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     26 March 2012

Filling divorce

Dear experts

For filling divorce, It is mandotory of 1 year separation?

Please comments.


 9 Replies

rahul (director)     26 March 2012

1 year separation only needed if you are filling mutual divoce 13B(1)

if you are filing a one sided(contested) then 1 days separation will also do,,

only you need that 1 year from marraige date.


supposed, today if you are filling contested div then ,marraige must done on 25.03.2011 and u can file on 26.03.2012


and if you are filing mutual consent  then marraige should be on 25.03.2010 and  you both living separated from 26.03.2011 to 25.03.2012, then you are can file today ie 26.03.2012.




HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     26 March 2012

Thanks Rahul Ji

It's clear now.

priya (intern)     26 March 2012

What if fist marriage was hidden and a man got married to a woman with court cases going on from first one?And he physically abused the second wife and was going around with his colleague from office even after marriage

kumar101 (clerk)     26 March 2012

@priya Plz open a separate thread instead of overstepping into another guys thread.

I know women are the most powerful & pampered lot in India but lets follow some decorum.



Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     26 March 2012

@ priya,

First wife can file bigamy case.  Second wife can file domestic violence case.  If both have no source of their own income, they can file maintenance case.  if first and second wife will be in alliance, then the hero will be in big soup.

1 Like

priya (intern)     26 March 2012

For your kind information it is not about overstepping into another's thread.

I didnt know about opening new thread and I have opened it

You do not tell anybody to follow decorum.I very well know it so you can follow your decorum.

About being powerful and pampered lets not talk about it and maintain decorum before we talk about it on thi site.

So i suggest kumar 101 u can first maintain decorum yourself before telling aybody else

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     26 March 2012

Please dnt argue..

Priya You got your answer by chandu

Adding in that, second wife is also eligible for file bigamy.

A.V.Pattanashetti (Advocate)     27 March 2012

call me i will tell you 09448035651 (def)     27 March 2012

To file bigamy, 2nd marriage during the continuation of 1st marriage has to be PROOVED!
...........................very uphill task indeed

Mear living 2gather will not attract these charges

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query