Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajiv (Senior Consultant)     04 February 2011

filing W/S without numbering the pages

Hello Lawyers, here's a teaser for you I

I want to figure out any provision of law which applies to this situation:

The opposite side files a set of documents with out any index, or numbering of pages. The pages are not even numbered in the written statement. Upon raising preliminary objection, the presiding officer does not appreciate the gravity of the situation to reject such a filing.

It can be understood by my fellow practicing advocates that this practice allows tampering of records - at any stage there would be no tracebility of any page - any part could be pushed in, or taken out !  For example if only paragraphs are numbered and not the pages, then a long para running over 2-3 pages, could be tampered as there would be no tracebility of changed records.

So, is there any provision in any court of law or registry office which mandates proper indexing and numbering of pages, so that an application can be raised pointing out a good practice prevailant elsewhere.

Thanks.

Learning

4 Replies

Dhawal Bhandari (ADVOCATE)     04 February 2011

interesting i would also like to know that provision..

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     04 February 2011

There is no provision, but afterwards he advocate can put the page numbers.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     04 February 2011

Office of the court makes numbering also seperately, No piece of paper left wihout number As Paper No A/1, A/2 etc.,  therefore it is not a blunder.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     04 February 2011

Provision may be in "General Rules (Civil or criminal) " of Concerned High Court under which the court situates.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register