filing rti against a non government individual

I am from Kolkata,and I reside in a Cooperative Housing Society.I would like to file RTI against the Structural Engineer who is not cooperating for the issuance of Completion Certificate of the Housing Society Building.Its been 3 years since we have applied for the Completion Certificate,and the application file after roaming through various Govt Departments is finally lying with the concerned Dept.But they need the approval from the Structural Engineer to finally issue the Certificate.I would like to know whether I can file RTI against the Structural Engineer who is a non Govt individual and is delaying the procedure for issuance of the Completion Certificate.
Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

You can give complaint to the structural engineers association and Institute of Engineers of India.


Dy Director

further RTI is only an information seeking tool from public bodies (not pivate professional) and it is not a tool to extract services or mitigate any greinvance.


RTI may be filled against the Registrar of the Cooperative Societies not against private individual. However a FIR against structural engineer could be filed, for non completion of contractual obligation




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x