New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bala (IT Engineer)     10 May 2012

Filing a case against lawyer- fee taken

who do we complain about a lawyer where he has taken the fee but hasnt provided the service ...

is there any bar council that i could approach.

what is the process to get this filed and what needs to be prooved?


 7 Replies


You can approach the State Bar Council for disciplinary action against the advocate.

Prakash (executive)     10 May 2012

Hi Bala,

Do you have a Proper receipt of professional charges paid? if not then how do you prove that the amount given to him.

if you have proof of  receipt or any bank transactions receipt then file a Local complaint in police station and approach the state bar council.






Can you elaborate further factual details please ?

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     13 May 2012

no need of receipt for filing DC complaint to Bar Council.


Important factor is  What is the amt of fees

how many conferences, consultations you had?

what documentatrions shares, discuseed, whwere and when

 was your case worth ?? or you wanted advocate to dance at your tune without any proof, or document to take action?? 

ur location, where u engaged advocate. 

why u went to that Advocate?? Any Reference, anybody recommended you. or only board?? 

CS Raghav (individual)     17 May 2012

think 1000 times before sending a complaint to Bar Council of Delhi, if you are in Delhi. Send the complaint to Hon'be Chief Justice of India where from when it would reach to BCD , May be they relex the norms of expansive complaint system. Or you can try Bar Council of India also.

Look at the unbelibable complaint procedure of Bar Council of Delhi. Below is the response of them to me in response to a complaint against a advocate.

CS Raghav 




Mr. C.S. Raghav
H.No. F-166/G-3, Dilshad Colony,

Sub:- Complaint against Mr. Dalel Singh Chaudhary, Advocate


With reference to your complaint dated 11.04.2012 against Mr. Dalel Singh Chaudhary, Advocate
the following formalities are required to be completed:-

1. To entertain your complaint send 55 copies of your complaint in Hindi/English alongwith
an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10/- only attested by an Oath
Commissioner in support of complaint.

2. Remit Rs. 300/- as complaint fee in cash or demand draft in favour of Bar Council of

3. Write the complaint in the form of a plaint duly verified and also write the enrolment
number and address of the advocate(s) against whom the complaint has been made by you.

4. Enclose one talbana and four registered A.D. and speed post envelopes with appropriate
stamps on it (3 envelopes of Rs.25/- (Regd. A.D.) & Rs. 12/- ({Speed Post} each & one envelope
with stamps after weight of the complaint).

Please take note that necessary action will be taken only after the fulfillment of abovesaid

(Murari Tiwari)
Hony. Secretary

Note:- The complaint duly filed as above shall be entertained only if the Advocate
concerned is enrolled with Bar Council of Delhi.

Vinod Sharma



I heard somewhere that  it is best to go to through consumer forum instead of bar council if you all receipts and mail conversations? is that true?  how is this different from complaining at the bar council?

i still feel that going through the consumer forum will actually get your the refund along with legal costs instead of  going through the length bar council complaint filing paperwork process..

kindly correct me if am wrong................

vijay kumar (Tutor)     18 December 2014

bar council ranchi asks for 35set of complain at rs6000 as fee , there is no way to punish fraud lawyers , when they cheat someone,whole system is setup of protect them .

you cannot go to consumer forum , because of spl at supreme court of india , making these cheaters mighty .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register