Upgrad LLM

filing a case against association of indian universities

Dear Forum Members,

I have completed my PhD from The Open University UK through its affiliated research station (Stazione Zoologica Italy). To apply for jobs in india I need to get an equivalence certificate for my PhD degree. This equivalence certificate is provided by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) New Dehli. 

My application for the equivalence was rejected saying that the degree awarded by The University is through distance learning mode. The Open University UK is well known for its distance learning courses but it does have a research wing that awards PhD degrees. And These PhD degrees are all full time regular programs and not by distance learning. To support this we have provided a letter from the University which clearly mentions that the degree awarded was full time regular degree. In addition, we have provided the MOU bewteen Open University UK and Stazione Zoologica Italy. 

But AIU is not ready to trust the letters given by university and straight a way application was rejected without considering these support letters. We tried to explain them all the situation but they are not ready to listen. Infact they didnt even bother to listen to us. 

Now I am thinking of filing a case against AIU for not following the regulations properly for awarding the equivalence certificate.

Where can I file this case? In Dehli high Court or in my Native place Kolhapur Maharashtra? Is there any other way to resolve the issue? 

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Thank you very much in advance!

Yours faithfully,

Dr Shrikant Patil




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x