LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJAY SINGH (XYZ)     24 August 2014

Filed divorce: what next

Hi All,

I have Filed Divorce on Adultery and cruelty ground this month.. Summons not delivered yet. Have evidence of Adultery done by her.

Now, my wife is staying at her parents home since 1 month and asking to pardon her and accept her. Same is not possible for me as she was always cruel with me and my family, and after knowing her adulterous part same is now not possible at all. I have told her this clearly. Now she is saying that

(i) If I do not accept her she will die or kill herself.

(ii) Also she is saying that I did not keep her properly and she has strong evidence against me that I have done many wrong things. I do not know what wrong I did.

That is one side she is asking to forgive her and other side she is threatening me.

What should I do in such conditions, and what can I do to safeguard me and my family. No cases yet filed against me, however expecting same to happen any time.


 5 Replies


You are having a typical 498a wife, who could burst at any time.

It's better to avoid such lady , her threats along with adultery confession over telephone was a good evidence to win your divorce. You must have recorded every single evidences pertaining to her adultery,cruelty,threats and extorts in what ever way you can.

An adulterous wife = 498a wife = 100% guarantee of Husband's Barbaadi

Only 1 solution TO Choose: Either Fight and win the cases on merits or Do settlements out side the court and part with MCD.


yogendra (engineer)     24 August 2014

if u have evidence of adultery ...don't worry...if they file some case..that are merely counter case..go to high court to quash them.

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     24 August 2014

This is a bit tricky here. First of all your Divorce case is a separate entity and lets not mix it with others.  Looking at her tone you could apprehend that she might come up with some cases. You know her better and her temperament.


I would only suggest you to not take things lightly in any manner. If she dies alleging demand for dowry you know what's coming!!



Chetan Joshi 

AJAY SINGH (XYZ)     24 August 2014

So what can be done to safeguard me????

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     24 August 2014

Start keeping a record of every communication that is happening between you two. Be polite, scriptt your conversations wherein she says that she will sue you or may be she will kill herself.


You may also like to move to a different location away from your parents. Can you tell a bit more about your case?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads