LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     22 November 2009

FIDIC Form Of Contracts

By 1st of next month I am going to join a new Company ( Saudi Company for Environmental Works ) as "Contract Administrator", my job profile there to work on Contracts. Here in Saudi Arabia almost contracts in international standard and FIDIC Format. My present Job profile is also to review contracts and other legal Services, but my new work shall be totally to review and prepare contract of International Standard Format of FIDIC.

I searched in our LCI about FIDIC but unfortunately unable to find any data on this subject.

FIDIC itself having their website https://www.fidic.org/

Just brief about is as follows:

FIDIC (Fédération Internationale Des Ingénieurs-Conseils) is the international federation of national associations of independent consulting engineers.
The Federation International des Ingénieurs - Conseils (FIDIC) is the leading body for the development of model standard forms of contract for use in the international construction industry. The standard forms are generally accepted by Employers and Contractors as providing a balanced allocation of risks and providing fair procedures for administration of contracts.

In September 1998 FIDIC published "test editions" of its forms of contract in a new livery of colours Red and Yellow to update the existing Red, Yellow and Orange Books. FIDIC also introduced a short form of contract in another primary colour - the Green Book. A metallic colour has now been added in the Silver Book which is likely to be the most controversial form.

FIDIC works to promote the common interests of consulting engineers through seminars, conferences and regular discussions with the national associations and international financial institutions (such as the World Bank)

Preparation of standard forms of contract and other documents is a major activity of FIDIC and there are standard Books of them is below:

i)                    Conditions of Contract for Construction - design by Employer: The Construction Contract (The New Red Book)

ii)                  Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build - design by Contractor: The Plant and Design/Build Contract (The New Yellow Book)

iii)                Conditions of Contract for EPC Turnkey Projects: The EPC/Turnkey Contract (The Silver Book)

iv)                Short Form of Contract: The Short Form (The Green Book)

v)                  Client-Consultant Agreement (White Book)

NOW I AM IN NEED OF HELP FROM MY LEARNED FRIENDS ABOUT THE ABOVE BOOKS,

If anybody having above BOOKS ( Full Version ) either as a Soft Copy or Hard Copy and if possible can forward a copy of the same either on my e-mail (aejaz_legal@hotmail.com) or post here.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     22 November 2009

Aejaz! happiest and heartiest congrats from my side for your new job opportunities. I am with you and shall try my best to get the desired books available to you shortly.

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     23 November 2009

Thank You Dear Raj Kumar, I will wait for your support.  

arunprakaash.m. (advocate)     24 November 2009

If you want format of FIDIC you can purchase a copy of book titled Building and Engineering Contacts Published by Lexis Nexis New delhi and written by renowned Arbitrator Mr. P.C.Marcanda

arunprakaash.m. (advocate)     24 November 2009

And my best wishes always with you

Aftab4u (PVT EMPLOYEE)     16 December 2009

Dear Sir,

Congratulations for ur new assignment.

Aftab

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register