Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sab Kuch   26 November 2022

Feasibility of exparty divorce


My wife file 498a/406 from Gurugram with wrong address. Is it feasible to file divorce from Banglore where we lived after marriage and wrong address provide by her in 498a/406. This way she will never receive notice and what are the chances of exparty divorce?


 1 Replies

Alpa Jogi (Advocate) (Lawyer / Advocate)     01 December 2022

As per Hindu Marriage Act, a divorce case juridiction is

1) Where the marriage is solemnised

2) Where the husband and wife last resided together

3) Where the respondent is residing

4) Where the wife is residing



Alpa Jogi (Advocate)

Consult Advocate Online

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query