Upgrad LLM

fathers name spealing missmatch





My name is Vijay and i am having a very serious problem with respect to registration of my details made during my 10th, 12th and Graduation.


I would be really grateful if someone can suggest a practiacl solution :


I gave my 10th class board exams from DP school(CBSE) in the year 2003.During registration, my Father's name was written as Chauna Ram instead of Choona Ram Mehra.

The main reason for this error was due to wrong conversion of my Father's name from Hindi to English.



The same error was repeated during my 12th (CBSE) Class Board Exam Registration  and during my Graduation(BA) from Rajastthan University.


People doing my registration gave me the reason that because it would be inconsisitent with my 10th class records, it is better to go with the wrong name.


It would have been ok for me as well to go with the wrong version, but my Domicile Proof and Caste Certificate says that my Father's name is Choona Ram Mehra(which is the correct name) However, both these certificaates are in Hindi..


I tried to get this thing corrected, but came to know that there is no provision in CBSE. Would it be better to get a declaration , where both versions of my Father's name can be corelated. If so, what is the process?

Also, do  i need to get this declaration done by my Father or my declaration alone would suffice?


Due to these differences, i am unable to get other registrations like Driving License, Voter's ID Card, Passport, etc.

I wiould really appreciate, if someone can tell me how to get this error rectified.


Thanks in advance!!

Advocate/ Legal Consultant




If you want the permanent solution you can applied for the suit of declaration in Hon'ble Court.


Many authority are accept the affidavit on notary paper but it is a temporally solution.






Total likes : 1 times


Respected Sir,

I am kiran kumar, I have two issues with my tenth class memo i passed in the year 2000 from SSC BOARD ANDHRA PRADESH.

Issue 1 : My father's name has mispelled. It is spelled as SHANAKRAIAH instead of SHANKARAIAH.

Issue 2 : My Date of Birth has a mismatch with my actual one.

Request you help me to get rid from these issues.

Thanks & Regards,






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x