Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shambhu pandey (assistant)     23 July 2013

Father sold some part of land to daughter-in-law

Dear Ld.member

 i have five brothers and no sister my father acquired landed property in his own  in the name of my mother and in couple of years back my father (alive) sold some part of landed property to her daughter-in-law ( wife of elder brother) without consent to anybody..My query is that is it objectionable..??? or tell me the procedure of my partition ..

My query is as follows:-

1. What about share of each member in landed is also pertinent to mention here that there are 3300 sq.feet area in which there is threee storeyed building in 1740 sq.feet and rest is landed property . about my share as i and big brother made first floor and 2nd floor in 1740 sq.feet area as the basement has been made by my father(alive).

3.Is it objectionable because In untouched 1560 sq.feet area 800 sq.feet has been sold to daughter in law. about family settlement..?? If it is made with mutual consent for alloting the share of property,,??

5.How can i caluculate my share and every member as well in landed as well as builded property,,??

Please suggest


 2 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     23 July 2013

If it is your father's self acquired property and your mother i.e in whose name the property is, is concurring to the sale, he can sell it to anyone, you cannot do anything about it. Nobody has any share in it during the lifetime of your mother.

shambhu pandey (assistant)     24 July 2013

Thanks for your advise ma' family settlement can be made with consulatation with parents and other members..????

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register