Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram Chandra Reddy M   18 September 2016

Father's surname change on passport

Hi,

I'm planning to go for higher studies in USA, I thought there would be a problem at VISA regarding the different names.

SSC, Intermediate, B.Tech Certificates:

Father's Name: M Venkat Reddy

My Name: M Ram Chandra Reddy

Passport:

Father's Name: Chinnolla Venkat Reddy

My Name: Mallannagari Venkat Reddy

Birth Certificate:

Father's Name: Venkat Reddy

My Name: Mallannagari Ram Chandra Reddy

So, here is my situation, please suggest the solution which may take less time and less hassle. Thanks well in advance.

Learning

8 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 September 2016

Who is responsible for the mess and what can be done to correct it has to be decided by you.  Take the original birth certificate and SSC as standard and contact toll free no. of passport office for proper corrections.  File this as grievance in their on line portal.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 September 2016

Start from birth/matric certificate and correct upwards.

Passport office can guide you.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 October 2016

The issue is not with PPO and the issue is with issuing VISA and they have a toll free number and in the interview either you can convince them with an affidavit or explain the situation.  Their discretion is final.  Issue of Visa depends on many conditions and they should mention specific reason for such rejection.   I know the cases when visa was rejected when the student has completed all but one semester, and came back to India for vacation, and when he has applied for visa to continue the last semester it was rejected four times.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 October 2016

Act to correct th variances once for all.

pof   30 December 2016

Thank you for advices, I decided to get second degree and your site became very helpful in my situation. pof login

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 December 2016

You are welcome.

lindarose11   18 April 2018

Very helpful advice in this particular post! It�s the little changes that make the largest changes. Thanks for sharing! raft wars 2

lindarose11   18 April 2018

Very helpful advice in this particular post! It�s the little changes that make the largest changes. Thanks for sharing! raft wars 2

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register