Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jhon Parekh (clerk)     16 September 2010

Father's Property in sons name

My father  purchased a plot of land in my name when i was a minor. Now when i marry without his consent he wants to give all his property and land to my sister. Can i claim the plot of land which he purchased and registered in my name.?


 5 Replies

Vinoba (Advocate)     16 September 2010


Since the property was purchased in your name, you have every right to claim the property.  But your father is equally having right to proceed against you by stating that you are projected only as an ostensible owner under Benami Transactions Prohibition Act.

L. Vinoba,



Jhon Parekh (clerk)     16 September 2010

Thanks a lot for your reply. But what are the chances of my getting the land. Or is it that ai will get a part of it ? can u kindly elaborate...

ABHIJEET PARIKH (Bcom LLB MBA)     16 September 2010

It  completely depends on ur father as Vinoba suggested the court will look into the fact that plot was purchased when ur were a minor therefore in reality ur its ostensible owner of the plot case wont stand in court best way is to convince ur father

Sri Vijayan.A (Legal Consultant)     19 September 2010

This is not only the best way, the only way before you

aditya jagdale ( )     10 June 2011

my father is having a land at village.  he want to give the land to me. I was having elder brother who died few years back. does his wife name to be put in 7/12 of land.  my father don't want that her name in the 7/12 of our land.   he want only my name should be there in 7/12 of our land.  is it possible.  what is the procedure?? if he give the said land as a gift to me or he sold the said land to me is it legal.   pls advice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query