LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jayshree (Inspector)     15 September 2009

Father's Property

Dear Sir,

Can father distribute or nominet his property as per his wish, or only his children can get it. If father has 4 children and he want to give his property only two of them, is it possible for him? Please guide me.



 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 September 2009

yes. possible. The father has to mention in his will.

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     15 September 2009

Dear Madam,

It is not clear that whether your father has got ancestral property or self acquired property. If the property is self acquired by your father, he can either Gift the property as per his wish or he can bequeath his property to any one of you are for all of you but this will comes into effect only after the death of your father.If your father dies intestate (without a will) then all the legal heirs (First Degree) are entitled for equal share in your father's property.

abhijit (legal )     15 September 2009

yes, m kupparaju is correct.

jayshree (Inspector)     23 September 2009

Thank you sir,

Father has self acquired property & also ancestral field.  Can his daughter get his property if she is married?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register