New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nj   05 February 2021

Father's property

We have property in Gujarat My father earned this property, he expired few years back, this house located in co-operative society, after death of father property n society share transferred to my mother's name. I have two sisters (one died last year). My father sold all ancestors property n give money to my sister's. Now I want this house on my name, my mother also ready to give it.


 5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     05 February 2021

Your mother, your sister, yourself, and your late sister have equal share in the property of your owned property.  For your late sister's share, her children and her husband have equal rights.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     06 February 2021

Better to process the name change in the cooperative record and get a will from your mother for all her moveable as well as immoveable property. 

Manju G   06 February 2021

Dear sir,
in my case my father has 5 brothers and 2 sisters. two sisters already married and all others also. there is a agricultural land in the name of grand mother(around 15 acres). my father has retired now and they're not ready to give shares in property. they made false vill that was stopped by Tahashildar Court and instructed to clear it in civil court. before the retirement my father took sight and build house after retirement money got after retirement and I also supported for house. Now what they're telling that consider our house also for sharing in the property. What is the actual laws in this. thank you in advance.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     06 February 2021

for the ancestral property, your father, your father's brothers and sisters have equal right over the property of your grandfather.  If your grandfather's children if any expired, his/her children with wife/husband have equal share in his /her share.

1 Like

Manju G   06 February 2021

Dear sir,
whether my father's own constructed house included for this share partitions?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register