FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ayush Wadhwa   06 October 2017

father property

hello sir...mera naam nishant..abi ek mahine pehle mere papa expire ho gye h..o mere papa ki sari property papa k he naam thi..to m janna chahta hu..k ab mere papa ki death k baad wo already ab meri mummy k naam h ya nhi...or agar nhi h to naam karane k liye kya karna hoga..or agar h to us k liye proof m kisi document ki jarurat h ya nhi..plz bata dijiye..sir..


 1 Replies

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     06 October 2017

Your father's property will devolve into your father's sons and daughters and his wife i.e. your mother. You need to obtain legal heirship certificate from Tehsildar.


Obtaining a legal heir certificate is very easy and not much of a trouble, it is  issued by district tahsildar office for the person whose parent/husband/wife died intestate, it is issued  to build a relationship for claims related to pension, insurance, administrative/service advantages, retirement benefits of the state and central government offices, government works etc. and to get occupation like compassionate appointments.

The person who is applying for legal heir certificate has to approach the district tahsildar office with the death certificate of the deceased and have to produce a form and also  he/she have to  make an application and the person has to fill up an application form and make sure that all the information provided by the person is correct and complete and it is also required that the person lodging the application should have all the required information and necessary documents required in the process and it is also required to affix a court fee stamp (INR 2) on the application form and SC/ST are exempted from this fee.

What documents to attach along with the application

  • Name of the deceased
  • Death certificate original
  • Service certificate issued by the head of the department/office in case of serving employee
  • Ration card and Aadhar card
  • Pensioner payment slip issued by the office of accountant general in case of pensioner
  • Family members names and relationship
  • Applicant’s signature
  • Date of application
  • Residential address
  • An affidavit worth Rs 20 on a stamp paper

After filling the form and with all the necessary details and documents the form has to be submitted to Taluk’s Tahsildar. The person can obtain the legal heir from the Taluk/Tahsildar or district civil court of his/her area.

After the submission, an inquiry will take place for the verification by the local revenue officers as well as village administrative officials. Generally, a statement by the administrative/gov employee who is known to the dead person and his/her family will be registered in the application form. After the verification, the officials will submit their report in the prescribed form.

After the due inquiry, based on the report presented by the revenue officer and village administrative officials the certificate will be issued by the competent authority in which names of all the legal heirs will be mentioned.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query