Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin   17 June 2016

Father in law declared bogus amount spent on marriage


My FIL has declared over 30Lac spent for marriage  in Written Statment & I got certified copy of it which is  filed by wife in response to my divorce petition.My FIL doest not earn at all anything,so I am planning to file Tax Evasion Petition(TEP) Pls guide me should I first file with a)RTI or b) Commsioner of Income Tax(CIT) of their area.

After 1 month ,I also want to file at Wealth Tax Department.

Kindly let me know how to go about it & where all I can dig to get truth & save me & my family from it.




 6 Replies

Dana Kayoni (Expert Humanitarian and Lawyer)     17 June 2016

On what all he spent 30 lacs it seems?  Does he have VAT bills?

Bharat Sharma (engineer)     17 June 2016

Ask your FIL to submit IT return of that financial year, which he claimed 30lacs spent. You can do that during cross examination of FIL. Also ask him to bring bills, photographs of items given during marriage. By this you will get more proofs against them. You can file TEP at CIT of their area.

Born Fighter (xxx)     17 June 2016

ur THE FIL seems to have put his foot in his mouth by making this declaration of 30L.


This is ur trump card now. Blow this issue in front of the court in ur statements/arguments/cross and see the magic. Rest do file TEP asap

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 June 2016

In a procedding, the onus of proof is on the party who affirms.

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     17 June 2016

Let him proove with bills, your stand should be there was not demand from your side.

Warm Regards,

Nitish Banka

Advocate Supreme Court


Subu (Self Motivated)     18 June 2016

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query