LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anita Saxena   10 June 2021

Father health is very Bad and brother doing negative things with his wife.

Im BHMS last semester student. I did love marrige and my brother angry on this. He is not paying My last semester fees jus because that reason. My brother sit on Father's clinic. and earn from ther.

My father loves me so much. But he is not well l. His health is very poor.he is kidney patient.

my father and brother also a doctor.
Jus because my father is not well my brother doing negative things like he is saying he will not pay my college fee.

Now what I can do in this situation legally? pls help.

fees is very high.


 6 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     10 June 2021

Study while study. During the time of study you got married your lover without your family consent? naturally they all would get angry by nature  . Mistakes are in your side and put blame on other side is not correct seems. What about your lover? what he is doing?
better to approach your brother by amicable manner by all sorts.



G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 June 2021

Approach to any PSU bank for an educational loan, or beg or borrow such fee from a friend or relative as your problem is urgent in nature.  Wait for such a good time for patching up relationships when you are the cause for such a breach.  You can not legally demand such huge fees from your parents at that age when the admitted fact is that your father is not well.  From Brother, you can not expect any monetary help legally.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 June 2021

Yes, you can get an education loan and complete your education.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 June 2021

Since you are on the verge of completing your graduation in BHMS, you may somehow manage to get the funds to pay the college fee for the last semester through friends or relatives including the parents of your wife.

The banks may not come to your rescue at this fag end of your studies hence you may obtain loan from private financiers.

Do something so that your education if not getting interrupted for this reason. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 June 2021

With due respects, there is no such thing that banks can not finance at fag end of their studies. In fact, it is more advantageous to the bank as the loan amount will be sent directly to the institution, and the repayment starts maximum within 2 years from the date of disbursement.  In some states, the Government is also paying such scholarships to those belonging to economically backward communities. The student can also borrow money from a practicing doctor with a commitment to serve during his spare time after college or work as his assistant at least for one or two years till the loan is cleared.  There are many part-time jobs that can be done if the student is really serious about completing the course.  I am afraid that the query of completing the studies may not be the only issue involved and there are many issues involved which is not being disclosed.  Day to day sustenance is more important to a student)

Vasundhara Singh (Student)     11 June 2021


Under Indian laws, there is no separate legislation that can be used to force parents or families into paying the college fees of the child. Son can claim maintenance amount from his father till he is a minor and it the responsibility of the father to take care of his son. It is assumed that once the son has attained the majority, he is capable to earn for himself and there is no liability on the father or any family member to maintain him. As per your query, you can try to solve the problem among your family by talking amicably at home and pursue your elder brother to pay the college fees.   

If you are unable to pay the fees, the college can send legal notice against you or your father compelling them to pay the fees but that will be a burden. As mentioned, you can solve this issue by talking and negotiating or another remedy can be to take a loan to pay the fees due so that your studies don’t get affected. In such cases, laws do minimum or no help in claiming the fees from family.   


Vasundhara Singh  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register