LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jitesh Kumar Jain   31 January 2019

father & son @ business & shop dispute

father is proprietor of shop / business..
i was in business from 14 years.
& in all des years he just looked after my needs & nothing else was given as salary..
Now.. due to family disputes, father has thrown me out of his shop & business..
wat to do ?
1. ask for salary for all des years acc. to section 50 of the a.p.shops and establishments act, 1988 ??
2. go for share in business ?
3. go for share in his property ?
4. go for share in H.U.F. property?
5. or some other procedure ?
wat to do ?


 8 Replies

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     01 February 2019

Seems to be a family arrangement.You can only ask for your share in ancestral property if any.

Jitesh Kumar Jain   01 February 2019

No ancestors property.. den ??

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 February 2019

You can try your luck, through a civil action, in getting the unpaid salary. But this would be rather an unusual procedure. It could also that some compromise could be worked out once the matter reaches.

As to the share in property and business, any suggestion depends upon its nature.

1 Like

Jitesh Kumar Jain   02 February 2019

for 14 years how much salary can one ask through civil case ??

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 February 2019

Perhaps, it would be wise to restrict yourself to minimum wages as notified unless there are special circumstances which you can lead evidence and prove.

Jitesh Kumar Jain   03 February 2019

I have done my engineering.. so i think to go with 25000/- per month from 2005 & increment of 15% p.a. & interest of 24% p.a. for pending salary amount till date.. Wat do u suggest ??

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 February 2019

You can. But interest claimed need not be extravagant,

Jitesh Kumar Jain   22 February 2019

Can i ask for my share in H.U.F. property ??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register