LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manu Joshi (Manager)     29 November 2012

Fast track 498 and dv and divorce cases

I have three cases pending...498 and DV for one year...and HMA divorce for three years. I am not able to do a job for the past two years beacuse of my wife turning up evrywhere and three leaves that i have to take evry month for the dates.

Pleasea advise if there is any provision or clause or method wherein i can put these on a fast track and get them finished even if i have to pay a penalty.

Learning

5 Replies

ADV S PATHAK (lawyer)     29 November 2012

why dont you go for mutual concent divorce. all the problems will come to end. you will have to negotiate the amount paid by you to your wife.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     29 November 2012

1) file sec. 21B in the court where divorce case is going on.

or

2) file writ petition in HC seeking directions to dispose off the case in a stipulated time period.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     29 November 2012

There is little hope in light of the huge pendency in our courts. However you can try the following :-

i) as Regards 498a - a writ to the high Court under article 226 of the constitution can be filed;

ii) Divorce - Application u/s 21 HMA for speedy trial. 

If you are aggreieved at your wife turning up everywhere and jeopardizing your career - obtain an injunction against her and better sue her for defamation. 

Good Luck !

Bharat Chugh - Advocate 

Stay Connected on Facebook ! www.facebook.com/advocatebharatchughonthelawsofindia

Rashid Ali (own practice as a criminal lawyer)     30 November 2012

you can move highcourt  to get a time frame to dispose of the cases on you. 

ketu kikitab (am)     07 April 2013

Request your guidance,

My Frd 25(Hindu) got married with a person who is Muslim married 45 having 2 kids under a Special marriage act.got married in sept-12.
The person has not given talaaq to her existing marriage & he is still supporting her family.

Can you please confirm the authenticity of marriage is this marriage a legal one. under the special marriage act. 

Conditions relating to solemnization of special marriages.

(a) neither party has a spouse living;

Please guide me if the marriage is null, Can you please confirm
1)Whether there is chance that court will prove it as legal or cancel our petition  on what grounds court  can cancel this petition.

,it is confirmed that he is still supporting his family, 
2)Can my frd. marry if the mentioned  marriage is void,without any legal process.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register